Sunday, September 11, 2011

Today we remember

Ten years ago, I was a sophomore in college, living just outside Chicago. I received a call from a friend, telling me to turn on the TV. I was shocked and saddened by the images I saw that morning. Yet, I had no real connection to the devastation. I did have a crush on a boy from New York City, but I was pretty confident that he wasn't in the city that day.

Fast forward ten years, that boy from New York is the father of my three precious girls. Their grandfather works in Manhattan, as does their uncle. There is a new perspective I now hold, and I am so grateful that they were able to walk out of Manhattan that day.


Today we remember
Firefighter Andrew Jordan, Ladder 132
(a Jordan cousin)
Gone, but never forgotten

Let us cherish the lives we've been given, be thankful for the men and women who serve our country, and hug everyone a little longer today.

No comments:

Post a Comment