Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Boxed Share Pickup Week #1

I went and picked up our first box of veggies today. Super easy pickup, but it is a bit of a drive to Collingswood. I knew that when I signed up, so I really can't complain. I do have a friend that lives nearby that is also doing the same farm share thing, so I am hoping we will trade off on the pickups. 
Here is what I picked up...
Inside the box there was this...

There are two heads of each type of lettuce, pictured at the top. A large bag of spinach, pictured on the right. Below the lettuce, is a bunch of mint, and down front are the white turnips called Hakurei.
That's a lot to eat in one week!
I don't think I have ever eaten turnips. They say they are best eaten fresh and raw. Another thing I love about Honey Brook is the handbook they give you, with information on how you should store each vegetable. They also have lots of recipes on their website.
I'll let you know how it tastes once I try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment