Sunday, June 13, 2010

When it rains, it pours

This weekend just didn't go as planned. Where do I even begin? So many things went wrong.
I worked all week at getting my stuff together for a yard sale at my church. I figured I could get rid of some things and make a little money for a few things on my want list. MJ was going to help me setup and then watch the girls. That all got cancelled when MJ had to work all day Saturday.
Then he also found out that he has to travel next week for work. He will miss our anniversary dinner date.
He is a good man, so made plans to take me out for our anniversary dinner Saturday to make up for all the crappy work interruptions.
We chose a highly rated Japanese restaurant we hadn't tried yet. We stopped for a bottle of Saki before going to the restaurant, and that is where someone backed up into my minivan. The damage isn't bad. The car still drives, but I can't open my door all the way. Luckily he stuck around and we got his insurance information, but it still put a big damper on our dinner out.
Despite the accident, dinner was excellent, and I can't wait to go back.
We made it back home without incident, that is until about 2am, when the carbon monoxide alarm started going off. No need to worry. All is fine. Just a little lacking in sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment