Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!

It's Fat Tuesday today!!! Do you know what you are giving up for Lent?
Last year I gave up sweets, which was huge for me. I'm a big sweets girl! This year I was planning on giving up soda because I have been drinking more and more of it lately. I know that it will bump up my coffee intake, but I don't really have a coffee crutch, so I'm ok with that.
Then I get an email from MJ this morning. (lately that is the best form of communication) He wants to know if I am giving up sweets because he is giving up coffee. I have informed him that this is not a good idea. The man needs his coffee. This morning he kissed me goodbye at 4am. That means he was up at 3am. When he does get home from work, usually around 6:30 or 7:00pm, he eats with us and then falls asleep while reading books to his girls. It was so sweet yesterday, peanut came to tell me he had fallen asleep. "Mom. Daddy seep. Daddy seep." I didn't understand her until she drug me over to the couch. There he was, sound asleep with the book in his hand. The poor man works like crazy right now, he could use some coffee.
Now I'm at a loss. Do I go ahead and give up soda and drink coffee anyway, or should I give up sweets again?

No comments:

Post a Comment