Monday, February 22, 2010

It's a new week!

Monday! I love Mondays! Little Miss is off to preschool and I am home with her sisters. Trying to get a jump-start on the week. Lots of stuff to do as always.

I'm making Chicken Marsala for MJ and the girls tonight. It's really easy, and it sounds impressive. That is why I like it so much. Here is the recipe:

Chicken Marsala

¼ c flour
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp dried oregano
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves- pounded ¼ in thick
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp olive oil
1 c sliced mushrooms
½ c marsala wine
¼ c cooking sherry
In a shallow dish mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and oregano. Coat the chicken in flour mixture. In a large skillet melt butter and oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
*Update, MJ is having dinner out with some "work" peeps. I'll save this till Tuesday. I guess it's a Taco Monday tonight!*

No comments:

Post a Comment