Sunday, February 21, 2010

Still no sweets

I made it through the first week of Lent without sweets!

(insert hallelujha chorus here)

MJ was so kind to point out that it was really only a half week, because it started on Wednesday, but it felt like a week, so that's what I'm sticking to.

I did some research, (if making MJ call his father, counts as research) and I found out that Lent is 47 days. but you don't have to fast on Sundays. So my first thought was "Bring on Sunday. Get ready oven we're baking today"!

Then my MJ, who has given up coffee this year, decides that he's not going to "cheat" on Sundays, and has no coffee all weekend. Mind you, his parents just sent us a big bag of coffee beans from Hawaii. I know it's going to be great! I really want to have some, but I can't even bring myself to make a pot of coffee while he's home. Anyway, back to my Sunday full of sweets, I felt pressured, and weak, I really wanted to make cookies, but I didn't. No cheating here in this house.

Is it Easter yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment