Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Projects 2011

Growing up I don't think we really celebrated Valentines Day. We bought the little boxed valentines to exchange at school, but I don't remember any special heart day stuff at home. (I have lost most of my memory since having my children, so maybe I'm wrong. Mom, feel free to chime in if you disagree.)  
Anyway, I do remember one of my friends having awesome Valentines Days. (Yes, VanZante's this is all you!) I always thought that was so cool. OK. Truthfully, I still think it's cool. So this year I'm trying to recreate that in my own house. I'm starting with the valentines...

I have a few boxes of the standard valentines up in the attic somewhere, but in the past few years, boxed valentines have gotten pretty skimpy. Does anyone know what happend to the envelopes? 

 I saw this cute idea on a blog, 30HandmadeDays
It was so easy! It's just a HotWheels Car and some lollipops! She even has a printable you can use. I made my own on publisher so they fit the bags I used.
For the Girls, I made these little ladybug heart hair clips. I again took the idea from 30HandmadeDays, but this time I changed it up a bit. Here are my little lovebugs.

I'm doing something a little different for my Kindergartener. Let's hope I get them all done by Monday.
Stay tuned for more Valentine stuff this year. I think it's going to be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment