Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Success

It's only 9:30 in the morning, and I think we are well on our way to a beautiful Valentines day. Not only have I got tons done this morning, but it's also supposed to be 55 degrees outside today.

Today I feel like one of those moms! You know the kind that are always put together, the house clean, their calender color coded, and their children's hair perfectly in place. Most days, I'm just not that mom, but today has been an exception.

Last night, I finished up the Valentines for little Miss.
For the girls... we put a homemade hair clip, a heart ring, and some lip gloss in a bag.



For the boys.... we put in a car and a plane.


I picked up some spring tulips for the teachers.

Don't they look pretty? I am so ready for spring!

This morning I woke up early.


really...really...early!
 I made my valentine some coffee and breakfast while he was in the shower.
Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
Unfortunately, Peanut wanted to say Happy Valentines Day to her dad as well. She was up at 5:30. I have a feeling she will be asleep on the couch soon.

After we sent our valentine on his way to work, I made the rest of the cinnamon rolls for the girls, got in the shower, and then I made some puppy chow and chex mix for the teacher's lounge. I told you I had a good morning.


Somewhere in there, I made an iron on shirt for Little Miss to wear today. It didn't really turn out the way I wanted, but she liked it, so that's all that mattered. I also snuck in a special little something for her. I hope she's excited when she finds it in her bag of Valentines.

What did you do today to make your Valentine's Day special?

ps. Don't be too impressed. I will return to my normal, messy, unorganized, and forgetful self around midnight. Just call me Cinderella! 

No comments:

Post a Comment