Monday, March 29, 2010

Crab Yummies

At the closest Chinese Restaurant to our house, they have Crab Rangoon listed as Crab Yummies. That’s because they are the yummiest thing on the whole menu. At least that’s what I think. Unfortunately, we don’t order takeout very often. So what’s a girl to do when she gets a craving for these delicious little things? I guess I’ll make my own at home.




Here is how I did it.
I took a block of cream cheese and softened it in the microwave for a few seconds. Then I chopped up some imitation crab (because that is all I had) and scallions and mixed it all up. That was it for my filling. I like it plain and fresh.



While I heated some oil to fry them in, I started making the little pockets. I took wonton wrappers placed at an angle, and put about a tablespoon or so of the filling bottom point, right in the middle. Then I wet the upper edges with a little water. I rolled up the filling so it looked like a little tube with filling in the middle. The empty sides of the tubes I folded over onto the part with filling, and sort of tied the ends together.



This forms a little pocket that can carefully be placed in the oil. I fry these for a couple minutes, watching carefully, until they are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment